Facing Acne- How to Cope With its Effects
As we are all aware of, there are emotional effects caused by acne. More than those obvious red bumps on your face, there are effects of acne that could not just be healed by any cream or acne solution and that is the emotional scars left by acne. Well, no doctor or any expert dermatologist could provide you with the best answers to this problem on acne.
According to studies, acne is very common when one is on his teenage years. For teenagers experiencing the pains of acne, it is very difficult to face the social impacts of acne. There are these marks of shame, depression and even self-pity. As a parent of a teenager who faces this problem, you could be one of the greatest helps. What could you do? You could do a lot.
Remind your child that acne is temporary.
As a guardian, you need to be there and give the encouragement to your child. You would probably see him or her so down due to the way people and criticisms pinch him or her. Tell that it will not last for long and that it would be successfully surpassed. Never stop to explain the importance of moving on despite the negative reactions from others for their words are not that important at all.
Bring your teen to a good dermatologist
Do not wait for your teen’s acne problem to get worse before you go and see a dermatologist. The earlier the better, this may be cliché but very true for this matter and you could realize the truth behind this. You need to find the dermatologist who deserves your trust. Be with your teen as you have visits to the dermatologist. Also, help your teen follow the reminders and instructions of the dermatologist.
Guide your child to do the right things
There are some things or acts that may worsen acne. See to it that you are near your teen to remind that those are not the right thing to do and it would just cause bad effects. Explain the cause and effect of acne problems and be sure t answer questions that your teen has.
Boost your teen’s self-confidence
Self-confidence plunges down when all those mocks and teases arise. The effect to your teen would be bitter. Be there to boost the esteem he or she has inside. Be generous with praises but do not use them just to flatter. Tell your teen about how wonderful his or her talent is. This would be a lift to his/her morale.
You are a parent, and you could help out your teen feel better through the misjudgments of the society towards people with acne. This is just a stage; it would surely be put to an end. Be there and support your child like no one could.
- How Long to Clear Up Acne?"How long will it take to clear up acne? The prom is 7 days away and I sure hope this thing is gone ...
- How Long Does it Take for Acne to Clear Up?"How long will it take my acne to clear up? The prom is 7 days away and I sure hope this thing is go...
- Diabetes Skin Care Is Extremely Important For HealthDiabetes is a problem in which your body doesn't produce insulin the proper way. This disease is goi...
- What is Acne?Anyone can acquire acne, but it is usually teenagers and young adults that experience the greatest o...
- Be Aware Of The Allergens, Signs, Effects, And The Known Medications Of Allergies Due To PerfumeYou may never have heard of a perfume allergy before, or know exactly about how somebody could have ...