Facts about Acne
To get the bulleted list on acne facts without all the fluff here is a list of the most important facts about acne.
- There is no possible known way to prevent the development of acne. Acne is not caused by diet. No scientific connection has been found between diet and acne.
ARTICLE: Does Greasy Food Cause Acne?
- Contrary to popular belief acne is not caused by dirt. The problem is deep in the skin and not on the surface although acne appears to be a surface skin condition. Between the body’s production of sebum and dead skin flakes all the ingredients are present for acne to form.
- Acne appears to be hereditary. Genetics for skin type and hormone levels can be consistent from one generation to the next.
- Zinc plays a large role skin health. Acne sufferers can benefit tremendously from high levels of zinc.
- Frequent washing of the acne-affected skin does not help. Instead, it adversely affects acne.
- Women’s acne problems fluctuate due to monthly hormone surges which cause an increase in sebum production.